Messenger, just like the other Facebook platforms, delivers your ad to the placement that is most likely to receive results at the best cost! What’s more, if you already have a successful campaign running on Facebook and Instagram, you can use it across Messenger.
The ads will appear in the chats tab within Messenger and when they tab on the ad, they’ll see more details, including a call-to-action such as your site, app or a conversation with your business.
- In Business Ad Manager, go to Ad creation.
- Choose your objective and click Continue (if you have chosen the app install objective, skip to step 4).
- If you chose a Traffic, Conversion or Messages objective, complete the Destination section:
- If you select Messenger or WhatsApp, a conversation will open when people click on your call to action.
- If you select Website, a Messenger browser will open up to your website when people click on your call to action.
- If you select App, your business’s app will open when people click on your call to action.
- Select Automatic placements or Edit placements (optional).
- Automatic placements aim to deliver ad impressions to the placement that is most likely to drive campaign results at the lowest possible cost. If you choose to edit placements, you can include Messenger, as long as Facebook feed is also selected.
- Edit your audience, budget and schedule and click Next.
- Select your format. View compatible formats.
- To finish editing your ad, click Confirm.