Fail to prepare, prepare to fail! Have a read through these key dates and note them down for when you start 2018’s content planning strategy.
- 1st of Jan – New Year’s Day The start of the January Sales.
- 15th of Jan – Martin Luther King Day
February: Black History Month
- 3rd of Feb – 17th of March – Rugby 6 Nations
- 4th of Feb – Superbowl
- 9th-25th of Feb – 2018 Winter Olympics
- 13th of Feb –Shrove Tuesday
- 14th of Feb – Valentine’s Day Mintel research predicted a spend of approx £470 million on this romantic day.
- 16th of Feb – Chinese New Year The Year of the Dog
- 16th-20th of Feb – London Fashion Week
March: National Women’s History Month & Red Cross Month
- 4th of March – Oscars / 90th Academy Awards
- 8th of March – International Women’s Day
- 9th-18th of March – 2018 Winter Paralympics
- 11th of March – Mother’s Day
- 17th of March – St Patrick’s Day
- 25th of March – Daylight Saving Starts
- 29th of March – one year until Brexit is finalised
- 1st of April – April Fools
- 1st of April – Easter Sunday
- 2nd of April – Children’s Book Day
- 4th-15th of April – The Commonwealth Games
- 13th of April – Friday the 13th…
- 22nd of April – Earth Day (U.S.)
- 22nd of April – London Marathon
- 23rd of April – St George’s Day
- 1st of May – May Day
- 3rd of May – UK Local Elections
- 4th of May – Star Wars Day May the 4th be with you!
- 7th of May – Bank Holiday
- 8th of May – V-E Day Marking the end of the Second World War.
- 19th of May – Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- 19th of May – FA Cup Final
- 23rd-27th of May – Chelsea Flower Show
- 25th of May – Deadline for GDPR compliance Organisations must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- 28th of May – Bank Holiday
- 28th of May – Amnesty International Day Standing up for human rights!
- 12th of June – Red Nose Day Last year, Red Nose Day raised £82,154,943!
- 14th of June – 15th of July – FIFA World Cup
- 17th of June – Father’s Day
- 19th-23rd of June – Royal Ascot
- 21st of June – Summer Solstice The longest day of the year.
- 2nd of July – World UFO Day
- 2nd-15th of July – Wimbledon
- 7th-29th of July – Tour De France
- 8th of July – British Grand Prix, F1
- 13th of July – Friday the 13th…
- 30th of July – International Friendship Day
- 6th of August – Bank Holiday
- 27th of August – Bank Holiday
- 22nd of Sept – 7th of Oct – Oktoberfest
October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 24th of Oct – United Nations Day
- 28th of Oct – Daylight Saving Ends
- 31st of Oct – Halloween Mintel’s research reported that UK consumers spend £310million on Halloween.
- 5th of Nov – Guy Fawkes Day
- 11th of Nov – Remembrance Day
- 23rd of Nov – Black Friday Telegraph reported sales over the entire weekend expected to top £5.76billion.
- 21st of Dec – Winter Solstice
- 25th of Dec – Christmas Day
- 26th of Dec – Boxing Day